Novel, flexible wound dressing specifically developed for the prevention and treatment of radiation dermatitis
Novel, flexible wound dressing specifically developed for the prevention and treatment of radiation dermatitis.
Strata XRT is an innovative, film-forming wound dressing. The formula of Strata XRT was specifically developed to prevent and treat radiation dermatitis. The Strata XRT gel can be spread easily which is why only a very small amount of product is required.
Strata XRT dries to form a thin, flexible, protective layer that is gas permeable and waterproof. This helps to promote a moist would healing environment because it minimizes the Trans Epidermal Water Loss (TEWL) of the skin. The Strata XRT film lightly bonds to the most superficial damaged skin layer and protects compromised skin areas and superficial wounds.
This moist environment will lead to rapid healing and faster skin recovery post radiation therapy. It will also reduce the acute skin inflammatory response, and relieve dry, itching, flaking, peeling and irritated skin – the common side effects of radiation therapy.
In dry Desquamation:
StrataXRT protects the fragileepidermis and maintains the skin’s integrity, preventing the outmost layers from excessive sloughing
In moist Desquamation:
StrataXRT protects the dermal stroma from log-term deterioration whilst optimizing the environment for the reparative process and reducing the risk of infection.
Strata XRT is a film-forming gel specifically designed to be used on dry and moist desquamation, common side effects of radiation therapy. It can be used by people of any age, gender or skin type. It is also suitable for children or people with sensitive skin.
- StrataXRT is transparent and odorless. It does not contain alcohol, fragrances or parabens.
- StrataXRT is a non-absorbable wound dressing.
- StrataXRT is suitable for all skin types.
- StrataXRT is non-reactive with no measurable pH.
- StrataXRT is convenient and easy to use at home.
- StrataXRT can be used in combination with other dressings.
- StrataXRT is sterile until opened and bacteriostatic for continuous applications.
StrataXRT is recommended to be used from the very first dose of radiation therapy in order to enhance results.
Apply once daily, or twice daily to exposed areas or as advised by your doctor. For best results, StrataXRT should maintain in continuous contact with the skin (24 hours a day/ 7 days a week).
StrataXRT is recommended to be used following the initial radiation dose and should be applied continuously for a minimum of 60–90 days (24 hours a day / 7 days a week) post radiation therapy, or until no further improvement is seen.
For chronic radiation dermatitis, continued use is recommended until no further improvement is seen.
StrataXRT gel is a unique formulation that requires substantially less product per application than typical moisturizing creams or barrier ointments.
StrataXRT 20 g contains enough gel to treat an area of 12 × 15 cm twice per day for over 30 days.
StrataXRT 50 g contains enough gel to treat an area of 12 × 15 cm twice per day for over 75 days.
- Make sure your clothing covers the treated area when you are outside.
- Wear loose clothing.
- Choose clothes and bed sheets made of soft materials.
- Avoid direct sunlight. Sunscreen should be used for maximum protection from sunlight.
- Use non-perfumed, mild soap and toiletries.
- Shower or bath with warm water and not with hot water.
- Gently pat your skin dry after taking a shower or bath.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated water as it can have a drying effect on the skin.
- Do not rub off the marks your radiation therapist made on your skin. They show where to place the radiation.
- Do not put anything that is very hot or cold on the radiated area.
- Use an electric razor if your doctor or nurse say you can shave.
- Do not “wet-shave” or use hair removal products.
- For external use only.
- StrataXRT should not be placed in contact with the eyes.
- StrataXRT should not be applied over topical medications unless advised by your physician.
- StrataXRT may stain clothing if not completely dry. If staining occurs, dry cleaning should be able to remove it without damaging the fabric.
- For correct storage please reclose the tube tightly with the cap.
- Should your radiation dermatitis show signs of infection or failure to heal after 30 days of initial product application, consult your doctor.
- If irritation occurs, discontinue use and consult your doctor.
- Not suitable for highly exudative wounds, tunneling wounds or 3rd degree burns.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not use after the expiration (EXP) date printed on the tube. The expiration (EXP) date does not change once the tube has been opened.
- Do not use if the tube is damaged.