A full contact flexible wound dressing for the management of dry skin and cutaneous rashes
Strata CTX is a medical device; it is a semi-occlusive, self-drying and transparent gel. StrataCTX may be applied directly to dry skin, open wounds and compromised or desquamating skin surfaces, including cutaneous rashes.
Strata CTX gel is bacteriostatic and inert. It contains no alcohols, parabens or fragrances.
When used as directed Strata CTX dries to form a protective layer that is gas permeable and waterproof which hydrates and protects compromised skin areas and superficial wounds from chemical irritants and microbial invasion. Strata CTX is a self-drying, non-sticky gel formulation that lightly bonds to the most superficial damaged skin layer.
Strata CTX helps to promote a moist healing environment for wounds or compromised skin. This moist wound healing environment promotes faster re-epithelialization and significantly reduces the skin’s acute inflammatory response.
StrataCTX is suitable for children and people with sensitive skin. StrataCTX is intended for single patient use. It is ideal for large surface areas and contoured skin (e.g. head, face, hands and feet) as well as joints. It can also be used on hairy areas without the need to shave them.
- StrataCTX is transparent allowing users to monitor therapy progress without having to remove the dressing.
- StrataCTX is used to relieve low grade inflammatory changes such as dry, itching, flaking, peeling and irritated skin. In cases of more severe inflammatory changes, StrataCTX reduces pain, redness and heat sensation.
- StrataCTX was developed for use on all types of wounds.
- StrataCTX can be used with or without a secondary protective dressing.
StrataCTX should be applied at least twice daily to the affected areas or as advised by your physician.
For best results, StrataCTX should be in continuous contact with the skin (24 hours a day/ 7 days a week).
StrataCTX is recommended as a treatment following the first signs or symptoms.
It should be applied until the skin condition is resolved or until no further improvement is seen.
StrataCTX gel is an advanced formulation that requires substantially less product per application than typical moisturizing creams or barrier ointments. A little bit goes a long way.
StrataCTX 20g is enough to treat an area of 36 × 15 cm, twice per day for over 10 days.
StrataCTX 50g is enough to treat an area of 36 × 15 cm, twice per day for over 25 days.
- Make sure your clothing covers the treated area when you are outside
- Wear loose clothing
- Choose clothes and bed sheets made of soft materials
- Avoid direct sunlight. Sunscreen should be used for maximum protection from the sunlight
- Use non-perfumed, mild soap and toiletries
- Shower or bath with warm water and not with hot water
- Gently pat your skin dry after taking a shower or bath
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated water as it can have a drying effect on the skin
- Use an electric razor if your doctor or nurse say you can shave
- Do not “wet-shave” or use hair removal products
- For external use only.
- StrataCTX should not be placed in contact with the eyes.
- StrataCTX should not be applied over topical medications unless advised by your physician.
- StrataCTX may stain clothing if not completely dry. If staining occurs, dry cleaning should be able to remove it without damaging the fabric.
- For correct storage please reclose the tube tightly with the cap.
- Should your cutaneous reaction show signs of infection or failure to heal, immediately consult your physician.
- If irritation occurs, discontinue use and consult your physician.
- Not suitable for highly exudative wounds, tunneling wounds or 3rd degree burns.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Do not use after the expiration (EXP) date printed on the tube. The expiration (EXP) date does not change once the tube has been opened.
- Do not use if the tube is damaged.